School Learning Plan
West Tualatin View Elementary School
West Tualatin View Elementary School is located north of Hwy 26 in a relatively high socio-economic area where approximately 12% of its students qualify for free/reduced lunch. Our very involved PTC supports West TV student activities, technology, literacy, STEAM night, and a variety of enrichment programs. West TV’s strong partnership with its PTC and volunteers, as well as its outstanding faculty, are two of the main reasons West TV students continue to receive such an outstanding educational experience year after year.
West TV’s current enrollment is 276 students. We have an average class size of 22 students. There are two classrooms at every grade level (K-5). We also have one SpEd Specialized Classroom - SCC - with 9 students (grades 3-5).
We are very proud that our students have consistently had high percentages of students scoring proficient or better in math and reading on state tests. We are also fortunate that our school population has always been very diverse, affording our students the opportunity to learn about the many diverse cultures and traditions of their peers. These are our demographics for the 2020-21 school year
- 9% Asian students
- 73% White students
- 9% Hispanic/Latino students
- 1% African American
- 8% Multiracial
In addition to our ethnic demographics, these are subgroup categories:
- 18 different languages spoken
- 10 students in Special Education
- 9 English Language Learners
- 14 Talented & Gifted (TAG)
Date of Last Revision: November 6, 2020
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.